Saturday 22 October 2016

Why I Chose to Become a Home-Based Travel Agent



After I left my previous position as office administrator, I began weighing different possibilities for my future career.  I knew that I did not want another 9 to 5 office position and that I craved the freedom of setting my own hours and days of work.  I started to do research on line as to home-based jobs that might pique my interest and be viable as a means of income. 

Having reviewed several different options that sounded suspiciously too good to be true, I googled “work at home opportunities that are not a scam” (or something to that effect) and as I scrolled down the pages, “home-based travel agent” caught my eye more than once. At first, the articles I read seemed rather overwhelming with talk of having to be “T.I.C.O. certified”, the importance of researching a good “host agency” and finding your “niche”. Nevertheless, I decided to be undaunted and check into things further. I have always loved to travel, and as I knew I enjoyed meeting people and providing them with assistance, I started to explore this option in more detail. I felt excited as I imagined the possibility of my husband and I being able to explore new countries and cultures, and sharing these experiences with others in my new career as a travel agent. 

I wondered if I was crazy to consider starting a brand-new career in my fifties, but I knew I would regret not trying. Deciding to take it step by step, I registered for my Travel Industry Council of Ontario exam and began studying the manual in depth. My new journey had begun!





For more information about The Travel Agent Next Door please visit
www.thetravelagentnextdoor.com









No comments:

Post a Comment