Wednesday 2 November 2016

How I Found The Travel Agent Next Door


I found The Travel Agent Next Door through the internet.  Once I decided that I was interested in pursuing a career as a home-based agent, I started to search and review different host agencies.  I received an automated reply from one agency with an invitation to watch a webinar and see what they had to offer. There was no personal follow up, however. I looked up some agent reviews on this and other agencies and found that the agent feedback was quite mixed, which did not inspire much confidence! 

The Travel Agent Next Door came to my attention and I carried out my usual search of agent reviews.  I could not find a single negative review.  Everything I read was very positive.  I decided to take the plunge and contacted the agency for further information.  To my pleasant surprise, Rhonda Friisdahl, who was at that time in charge of Talent Development, called me the very next day!  Rhonda was extremely personable and easy to talk to.  She did not sugar coat the challenges that a new home based travel agent faces when starting their business, stressing that it would take determination and a great deal of hard work.  Rhonda shared some examples of how I might go about attracting new clients, also explaining very clearly how The Travel Agent Next Door training process works. I appreciated how she listened carefully and took the time to answer my questions.  She did not pressure me in any way and stated she would give me a few days to think over the opportunity, advising she would call back.  Having talked the opportunity over with my husband, I decided that my answer would be “yes”. 


Rhonda was true to her word, and called me back.  She gave me the approximate timeline that it would take to complete my training with The Travel Agent Next Door as well as earn my TICO certification.  This would be needed before I could legally sell travel in Ontario.  By the time our phone call was concluded, I was excited to begin!  Although I was naturally a little nervous about making such a big change, the contact and consistent follow up I had received from The Travel Agent Next Door helped to alleviate much of my concern.  I knew I would receive their support and assistance as I began my new career in travel.




For more information about The Travel Agent Next Door please visit www.thetravelagentnextdoor.com

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks
    Monaco sightseeing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it!
    travel agent merchant account

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quickbooks payroll support provides help 24/7 to our customer. Only you have to do single call at QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number 1888-567-1159. Major issues include installations problem, data access issue, printing related issue, software setup, server not responding error etc.with the Accounting software install the every user process it just needs to fetch the information, rest all the essential calculation will be done automatically by the software.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intuit offers you its Quickbooks Support Phone Number 1800-291-2485. Pro advisor are available 24/7 to sort out your concerns regarding online QuickBooks. QB additionally have a data protection and data recovery services through Quickbooks Support Phone Number.

    ReplyDelete